So, last time we posted we had just planted our purple and magenta potatoes in washing baskets.
They are doing really well and we have topped them up with more soil and straw as they have grown. Looking forward to a great harvest!
Below you can see our aubergines growing nicely. This heat has been quite something but they are doing well in the shade.
Next we have a zucchini bed… thriving!
Look at the size of this baby!
Lots and lots of mulch on the beds and flowers nearby to attract the bees.
Tomatoes have literally been popping up everywhere. Here is a tomato bed that just happened – hey, we aren’t complaining!
And what is a summer garden without sunflowers?! They are wonderful for providing pockets of shade and of course brightening up our days.
- Planting Potatoes in Washing Baskets
- Self-composting beds & New life ~ June ’17 Round Up
- Bounty, Water Wising and Liquid Fertilizing ~ August ’17 Round Up
- New Neighbours, Wonderful Weeds & Spring Planting ~ July ’17 Round Up
- New Garden, Dew Drops & Spiderwebs & Good Ol’ Manure ~ May ’17 Round Up